Congratulations to the 2020 Inductees for the Distinguished Alumni Wall of Honor! POSTPONED UNTIL APRIL 2022.

Four Penn Manor alums will be honored with the Penn Manor Distinguished Alumni Award in April. The recipients are Elizabeth Maine Allen, Class of 1974; William Myers, Jr.; Class of 1976; Charlie Reisinger, Class of 1990; and Tiffany Harrington Harris, Class of 1991.

Elizabeth Maine Allen, CPA – Class of 1974. Liz participated in field hockey, gymnastics and band while in high school. She earned her Bachelors of Science in Health Planning and Administration at Penn State and played field hockey for the Nittany Lions. She earned her MBA from the University of Pittsburgh. Liz has spent over 40 years as a healthcare executive. She was the first woman partner in the Pittsburgh office of Ernst & Young and the first woman Chief Financial Officer at both Trinity Health System and Allegheny Health Network. She has served on a variety of Boards including non-profit organizations and advisory groups. Along with her brother, they established a scholarship in their mother’s name (Kathern Janes Maine – a former teacher at Penn Manor High School) that is for Penn Manor students choosing to major in programs in the College of Health and Human Development at Penn State.

William L. Myers, Jr. – Class of 1976. At Penn Manor, Bill was a member of Student Council and placed first in the Bicentennial Youth Debates advancing to the district competition. He attended Clarion University and earned his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania. As an attorney, Bill has 30 years of trial experience and focuses on transportation and personal injury law. He has successfully argued before the U.S. Supreme Court and has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer 13 years in a row. In 2017, Bill introduced his first novel A Criminal Defense. It reached the No. 1 ranking on Amazon in both the Kindle Store and the Mystery, Thriller & Suspense categories. He followed with An Engineered Justice and A Killer’s Alibi. His fourth book, A Criminal Justice, will be published March, 2020. Bill is also active in the Pennsylvania Innocence Project and with the Ronald McDonald House of Philadelphia.

Colonel Tiffany Harrington Harris, USMC – Class of 1991. Tiffany was on the basketball and track teams at Penn Manor and was treasurer of her class. She earned her degree in Psychology at Shippensburg University and received her Marine Corps commission in 1995. Tiffany served one deployment in Afghanistan and two in Iraq. She was the assistant chief of staff for the 3D Marine Logistics Group in Okinawa, Japan. In August, 2019, Tiffany took command of Tracy’s Defense Logistics Agency depot in San Joaquin, CA. She is the first woman to lead the 77 year old depot. Her decorations include the Joint Meritorious Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal (fifth award), and the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (third award).

Charles Reisinger – Class of 1990. During high school, Charlie was involved in the theatre program and was the Features Editor for the school newspaper, Penn Points. Charlie received a B.A. in Psychology from Millersville University, and an M.S. in Instructional Design & Technology from Philadelphia University. He has been employed by the Penn Manor School District since 1998 and serves as the Director of Technology. He leads educational technology programs, infrastructure, and systems in support of teaching and learning with technology. Charlie is an advocate and frequent speaker on open source principles in education. He is the author of The Open Schoolhouse: Building a Technology Program to Transform Learning and Empower Students.

The 2020 Distinguished Alumni Wall of Honor recipients will be celebrated at a reception held at the Lancaster Tennis and Yacht Club, 2615 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603 on Thursday, April 16, 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Reservations are required to attend the reception. The cost is $20.00 per person. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be served. Send your check for $20.00 per person made out to PMAA – Wall of Honor Reception, P.O. Box 9, Millersville, PA 17551 by Tuesday, March 31, 2020.  Questions? Call Cindy at 717-872-9500 ext. 2223 or email at cindy.rhoades@pennmanor.net 

On Friday, April 17, 2020, the experiences and successes of each recipient will be shared with students at an assembly at the high school in the hope that they too will continue the tradition and go on to accomplish great things following graduation.

From left to right – William Myers, Jr, Elizabeth Maine Allen, Charlie Reisinger, Colonel Tiffany Harrington Harris
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.