Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment is a unique early entry program for talented high school students who wish to enroll part-time in college as they complete their junior and senior year in high school. Students must have exhausted all or most of the academically challenging coursework offered by the high school. Dual enrollment is meant to complement the course offerings at high school, not replace. See detailed policies below. Please review the slide show that was shared at the Dual Enrollment Information Meeting on March 26, 2024 for an overview of the requirements, guidelines, and process to take a Dual Enrollment class. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HicOs_hVUyUZdjx6Peul3vVsL49ldprCpjvNtqwTqCs/edit?usp=sharing

Dual Enrollment Process

Step 1. Attend Dual Enrollment Meeting the semester before you intend to enroll. Students must attend each semester to get updates.

Step 2. Figure out what course and at what college you want and talk to your school counselor about your intentions to take dual enrollment. Submit the PM Application. This must be done every semester and for every course.
Applications for Spring are due November 15th. Applications for Fall are due April 19th.

Step 3. Apply to the college and register for classes. Do not wait for approval from the principals to apply to the college and register for classes, but DO wait for approval before you pay for the college course. You will be emailed your approval. PLEASE NOTE- At Thaddeus Stevens You Must Complete Placement Testing as part of the application. Make sure you are checking email and your college portal regularly so you do not miss important steps!

Step 4. After you have PM Approval, submit proof that you are enrolled in the course and pay for the course. If there are any changes in the course you are taking based on what you applied for, please reach out to your school counselor to verify it still is approved. The proof needs to be a screenshot of your schedule from the college portal, not a screenshot of an email (this shows us you know how to access your college account). You must submit a form for each course- but the same screenshot can be used more than once if it shows all of the courses in which you are enrolled.

Represent Penn Manor well in your class. If there are any changes to your enrollment in the courses mid-semester, you must let your school counselor know immediately.

  • Step 5. Submit Final Grade. As soon as you get your final grade, please upload a screenshot of your final grade to the “Submit Dual Enrollment Files” form while we wait for the official transcripts. To get your Official Transcripts:
  • HACC and Thaddeus Stevens: Release for grades was part of the application process.
  • Millersville: Per the MU-specific instructions, you should have already uploaded your transcript release form to MU directly or to the school counselors office at the start of the semester.
  • St. Joseph’s Lancaster/PA College of Health Sciences: Please request your official transcripts from your MY PORTAL online.
  • Lancaster Bible College- Request it on your portal, or email the Associate Registrar giving them permission to email it to your school counselor.

Penn Manor Education Foundation Scholarship APPLY HERE

The Penn Manor Education Foundation’s “Strong and Healthy Families Grant” will partially fund Dual Enrollment Classes at 50% of the course cost for students on free or reduced lunch. This will be a reimbursement scholarship. You will need to pay for the course upfront and then you will be reimbursed up to 50% of the tuition. Priority will be given to students whose family qualifies for free or reduced lunch. If your family does not have the ability to pay for the course at the time of registration please talk to your school counselor. The college may set up an interest-free payment plan for you. APPLY above withing the first week of dual enrollment classes, but payment will not be received until the courses end and your course grade is verified.

Dual Enrollment Policies

Dual Enrollment is a unique early entry program for high school students who wish to enroll in a college course as they complete their junior or senior year in high school. To be admitted to early entry programs students must:

  • Show college-ready competency in at least English and Math. This is shown through coursework, Keystone scores, SAT, PSAT or placement testing, depending on the college requirements.
  • Have exhausted all or most of the related coursework offered by the high school. Dual enrollment is meant to complement the course offerings at high school once they have been taken. Dual Enrollment classes will not count as a required math, science, English or SS course required for graduation.
  • Students must have acceptable grades in core subjects
  • One College course of 3+ credits equals one high school course. Students should not register for a college course worth less than 3 credits.

Students need to follow the application procedures for the college and go through their assigned high school counselor for dual enrollment.

Tuition is paid directly to the college/university. Noted in the checklist are tuition reduction and scholarship opportunities Penn Manor is aware of at partner schools.  All course placements are subject to seat availability. Matriculated current college students receive priority in course selection.

SUMMER COURSES: Students can take Summer courses at colleges, but they will not count for High School Credit. We would still like to know that you are taking the course, so please fill out the Penn Manor Dual Enrollment Application.